Town of Meadow Tax Structure
Mil rate —– 4.8
Minimum Property Tax —– $500.00
Water & Sewer rate —– $372.00
Water only —– $276.00
Poll Tax —– $175.00
Business Tax (minimum) —– $250.00
TOWN OF MEADOWS
2015 TAX COLLECTION POLICY AND PROCEDURE
Taxes are due and payable no later than June 30th, 2015. Tax payers do not have
until the end of the year to pay property tax, poll tax or business tax assessed for the year.
Discounts to apply to Municipal taxes as follows:
5% discount if paid in full by February 27th, 2015
4% discount if paid in full by March 31st, 2015
3% discount if paid in full by April 30th, 2015
2% discount if paid in full by May 29th, 2015
1% discount if paid in full by June 30th, 2015
Post dated cheques to December 2015 will be accepted, however discount will not apply.
A fee of $20 will be applied to NSF (non-sufficient funds) cheques.
Agreements to pay by October 30th, 2015 will be accepted.
Penalties for Non-Payment of Municipal & Business Tax are as follows:
- Water services will be discontinued on July 2nd, 2015.
- Tax payers who have had their water shut off for failure to pay municipal or business taxes must pay the balance owed plus a $35 charge before the water service is restored.
- Tax payers who default on either payment of the signed agreement will have their water shut off and must pay the balance owed plus a $35 charge before the water service is restored.
- If for some reason, the water and or sewer service cannot be shut off then the use of a collection agency will apply.
Collection Procedure for Poll Tax in Arrears:
- The Town will garnish wages of persons who are in arrears for the poll tax if not paid by June 30th, 2015.
- If wages cannot be garnished then the use of a collection agency will apply.