Town of Meadows Municipal Plan Review Public Meeting #2
Date and Time
March 9, 2022 – 7:30pm to 9:00pm
The purpose of this meeting is to present the Draft Municipal Plan and Development Regulations and to receive feedback from residents on these draft documents.
Registration is required to receive the virtual meeting information. Please contact the Town Clerk, Sandra Legge at email@example.com or (709) 783-2339 to register. Residents may participate via computer, mobile device (cell phone or tablet), or dial in to a toll-free number using a conventional touchtone phone. If registering via email, please provide the following information:
- Name(s) of participant(s)
- Civic address(es)
- Email address(es)
- Telephone number(s)
The Town of Meadows is currently in the process of developing its first Municipal Plan and Development Regulations. The Plan will be the roadmap for the community over the next 10 years. The Plan will contain policy and proposal statements regarding economic development, protection of the environment, and the future form and development of land uses. The Regulations will contain the detailed provisions to give effect to the Plan (e.g. zoning). The Town has retained SCP and DB Randell consultants to develop the new Plan. Public participation is a central part of this process as the documents must reflect the priorities and values of the community as a whole.
The planning process to date is summarized below (see bolded for current step):
- Phase 1 Public Participation (survey with draw prize, stakeholder group consultations, public notices and public meeting) – October to November 2020 [COMPLETE]
- Research and submission of Background Report to Council – September to December 2020 [COMPLETE]
- Submission of Draft Municipal Plan and Development Regulations to Council for internal review November 2020 – December 2021 [COMPLETE]
- Phase 2 Public Participation, public input on Draft Municipal Plan and Draft Development Regulations [CURRENT]
- Public Meeting #2 [March 9, 2022]
- Completion of Phase 2 Public Participation [TBD]
- Submission of Draft Municipal Plan and Draft Development Regulations) to provincial government for review and release / subsequent revisions [TBD]
- Council adoption of Municipal Plan and Development Regulations [TBD]
- Formal Public Hearing [TBD – Requires public notice]
- Council approval of Municipal Plan and Development Regulations [TBD]
- Submission of Municipal Plan and Development Regulations to provincial government for registration [TBD]
- Publication of registration in NL Gazette / Newspaper for legal enactment [TBD]
Review of Documents and Contact
The Municipal Plan Background Report can be viewed by clicking here. Provincial interests, laws and policies relevant to the planning process are summarized in subsection B.8, and Appendices C.3.3 and C.3.4 of the Background Report (provincial Interdepartmental Land Use Committee Report and other comments from provincial departments/agencies).
The Draft Municipal Plan and Development Regulations and associated maps (Future Land Use Classes and Land Use Zones maps, respectively) are now available for review and commentary by the public. These documents can be viewed by clicking here.
Alternatively, hardcopies of the Background Report, and Municipal Plan and Development Regulations may be viewed, during regular business hours, at the Town Office located at 11 Community Hall Road (709-783-2339).
Please stay up-to-date on the planning process by checking the Town’s Website and Facebook page regularly.